Did you know that nearly half of the adult population in the United States doesn’t see a dentist regularly? Fear and anxiety are usually the reasons why. Fear of needles, drills, mean old dentists, etc. However, not going to the dentist is precisely why these fears continue. Dentistry has truly changed. New techniques and technologies not only make dentistry quicker and more convenient, but going to the dentist on a regular basis can prevent some of the more extensive work that terrifies people. Wouldn’t you rather have a cleaning and a few x-rays taken and minor problems solved before they become more extreme such as a root canal or even extraction? Prevention is the key. Brea has openings available. She doesn’t care if you haven’t been to the dentist in a while. She only cares that you are taking the necessary steps to take charge of your oral health now and for the rest of your life. This year treat yourself to a shining, healthy, pain-free smile. You’ll feel better, more confident, and people will notice.
Did you know that a century ago, there was a dental practice at the same location as Capstone Dental? Look closely between the sign that reads “Ticket Office” and the arch on the street. Can you make out “Ohio Painless Dentists”? Although we cannot advertise as “painless” these days, we do make going to the dentist as comfortable as possible.
Here is another picture of the same corner about three years later. Behind the police officer, notice the “Columbus Painless Dentists” sign, the vertical “Dentist” sign, and the “Pulling of Teeth $3” sign. Capstone Dental is now on the fourth floor of the Broad and High Building, just above this dentists’ office that served downtown Columbus 100 years ago.
The average person brushes his or her teeth for 30 seconds
- The dentist recommends at least 2 minutes
Around 50% of adults do not visit the dentist regularly
- Going to the dentist twice a year can prevent larger problems
Up to 80% of adults will develop Periodontal Disease
- Perio, not decay is the main reason for tooth loss in US adults
- Perio has been linked to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, premature and low birth-weight babies
You should replace your toothbrush every 3 months
- Over time, your toothbrush wears and becomes very abrasive to your teeth
- Germs love to grow in between your bristles. Replace your toothbrush immediately after a cold or flu
45% of adults will suffer from bad breath at some point
- There are many causes of bad breath. Decaying teeth, periodontal disease, bacteria on your tongue and digestive problems are just a few
25% of adults over age 60 are missing all of their teeth
- People are living longer, fuller lives. Taking the necessary steps today can ensure that you are chewing comfortably with your natural teeth for the rest of your life
Did you know that Dr. Piper offers Botox and dermalfillers? Most people who are considering Botox would never think to have it done by a dentist, but consider these points:
1. Dentists are very knowledgeable about the dynamics of facial expression and how the underlying muscles, when functioning, can cause wrinkles over time.
2. Dentists are trained to know what looks good as far as facial symmetry. We take courses all the time that deal with esthetics of a smile. We can create masterpieces when it comes to teeth and now we can improve the frame that showcases those masterpieces with Botox and dermalfillers.
3. Dentists are confident with precise, comfortable placement. No other healthcare provider uses syringes in the facial area as often as a dentist and we deal in measurements as precise as 1/2 of a mm.
Come see Dr. Piper soon and look younger in 2011.
Proposed COTA Changes Cause Debate –video link
Check out Capstone Dental on 10TV. Dr. Snipes was interviewed about the impact on retail in the Downtown Columbus caused by COTA bus stops and congestion.
Capstone Dental is hosting a mixer Wednesday, January 19th from 5-7pm at our brand new office in the Broad and High Building just above Dunkin’ Donuts. Wine and hors d’oeuvres will be provided. We cannot wait to introduce you to our comfortable, high-tech office. Please stop by and see what modern, personalized dentistry is all about.