Every year, many people will make resolutions to make themselves better. Whether it be to quit smoking, to lose weight, to learn another language, or something else entirely… the goal is to always better oneself. Please don’t forget about the health of your smile when you make those resolutions! If it has been a while since you’ve been to a dentist or if you’ve been putting off treatment because of anxiety, fear, busy schedule or finances, don’t let the excuses keep you from the smile you deserve. At Capstone Dental we have answers to all of those excuses! We have a professional caring staff and dentists to put your fears at ease. We have early morning and lunch-time appointments available for those with busy schedules. And we offer 0% patient financing through CareCredit for those who qualify. So, come check us out in our downtown Columbus office and see what modern, personalized dental care is all about!
With the down economy and many wondering where the jobs are…we are hiring a new dental assistant/front desk person for our growing office. We love being a dental provider for downtown Columbus, Oh and are looking for a quality oriented, personable staff member to help us treat the busy professionals and residents of downtown Columbus.
What do most people look for when choosing a dentist? Is it crown margins or the strength of their tooth colored fillings? Is it the way the office files your insurance and bills you? Is it the office décor? To a certain extent all of these things matter, but the most important thing a person should ask themselves when choosing a dentist is—Does the dentist care about me?
At Capstone Dental we strive every day to create a long lasting, meaningful relationship with each and every patient. We want to be an important part of your great oral health for a lifetime and with all the new research that is linking your oral health to your overall health, creating a lasting relationship is even more important than ever.
So check out Capstone Dental in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Sure we care about our margins, the strength of our restorations, insurance coordination and office décor. But we care more about you. From the moment you step in until the moment you check out, you are our top priority and what we really care about. Thanks to all the Friends of Capstone. We’ll see you in six months!
Capstone Dental has been open for 4 months! It has gone by very quickly and we are growing fast. We are in the most visible building downtown located on the corner of Broad and High, we have great signage, and we have a great consultant pounding the pavement touting our new office. (Thanks, Fred Miller II-Bright Light Consulting LLC).
Those individual aspects are all doing their part to drive in patients, but the most rewarding marketing endeavor for Capstone Dental has been internet and social media sites. We ran a Groupon 2 weeks ago that gave our practice exposure throughout Columbus, OH which would have cost thousands in marketing budget dollars if we advertised on the internet.
Another site that I realized was a great marketing idea was www.ColumbusUnderground.com . It’s a messageboard site where individuals can post, comment and network all free of cost to its users. Capstone Dental gave away 2 new patient visits at no cost to messageboard users. The only “payment” was to review Capstone Dental on GOOGLE, YELP!, and re-post on the messageboard their experience in our dentist office in Columbus. My hygienist was not going to be busy this morning, so for the additional cost disposables, I received great exposure on the internet. We are a technologically driven office, so of course we are going to use the latest technology when we try to get the word out about our great dental office downtown.
How is your New Year’s resolution coming along? If you are like most people you are feeling the dragging, cold winter keeping you down. Guess what? Spring is right around the corner and the weather will change. When it does, get out of the office and get that heart rate up. Walk around downtown Columbus and see what’s going on. The State House is celebrating its 150th anniversary and Columbus’ 199th anniversary this year, the Columbus Commons project is open at the former City Center Mall site, and there are new small businesses and restaurants opening around the square. Capstone Dental might not be your idea of a must see destination downtown, but if you haven’t been to the dentist for a while, you’ll be surprised at all of the technologies and educational tools we provide. So walk around, see what the city has to offer. You can keep up on your resolution and maybe add another for great oral health in 2011.
When deciding on a location for our practice Dr. Piper and I knew that we wanted to start from scratch. One of the more common ways to start a practice is for a dentist to purchase an existing practice, remodel it if necessary, and evolve it into his or her vision of what a dental practice should be. This usually happens in the suburbs or more rural areas where people live.
We chose downtown Columbus Ohio for two reasons. The first is because we wanted to develop a practice where we could make all of the major decisions from the beginning and control our own destinies as dentists. We wanted a completely brand new, modern facility that patients would want to come. The second reason was the need for a high-tech, progressive dental practice in the downtown business district. During normal business hours, there is anywhere form 70-90 thousand people working downtown. The majority of people go to the dentist during normal business hours, if they go at all.
Studies have shown that it takes the average suburban commuter 45 minutes to drive from his or her home to downtown, park and make it to their office. To then have a dental appointment back out in the suburbs, would require undoing that 45 minutes, added to the time it takes for a dental appointment. So instead of having a dental appointment scheduled over a lunch break, people have to take a half day or full day off of work, or don’t go at all. Our practice model called for a centralized location in downtown Columbus where convenience is the top concern.
The undoing of the commute is not a concern with Capstone Dental. We are a 10 minute walk from your office. Now your dental appointment can be incorporated into your work day like any other scheduled meeting. We stay on schedule to ensure no waiting prior to your appointment and we are thorough yet efficient when you are being seen. We offer early morning and lunch-time appointments. We provide the latest in dental technology and patient comfort and we focus on patient education and prevention.
Having a six month recall program is paramount in preventative dentistry. During normal check-ups, the dentist and hygienist can find potential dental problems when they are small, less expensive, and more easily treated. You are returned to work more quickly and with a greater understanding of the small steps it takes to ensure future dental problems are kept to a minimum. Capstone Dental is excited to be part of the downtown Columbus Ohio community. We look forward to developing a lasting relationship with our patients and be a part of downtown’s success and future.
For good oral hygiene, follow these simple steps from the American Dental Hygienists’ Association:
1. Brush. Brushing your teeth for two minutes at least twice a day remains a critical component to maintaining a healthy smile. Studies have shown that brushing for two minutes is perhaps the single most important step an individual can take to reduce plaque build-up and the risk of plaque-associated diseases, such as cavities and gingivitis.
2. Floss. Proper flossing removes plaque and food particles in places where a toothbrush cannot easily reach — under the gumline and between your teeth. Because plaque build-up can lead to tooth decay and gum disease, daily flossing is highly recommended.
3. Rinse. Rinsing your mouth each day with an anti-microbial mouth rinse is another important step in preventing the gum disease known as gingivitis. We can help provide you more information on which mouth rinse is right for you.
4. Chew. Chewing sugar-free gum after eating is clinically proven to be an important part of good oral health. It stimulates the most important natural defense against tooth decay – saliva – which, in turn helps fight cavities, neutralize plaque acids, remineralize enamel to strengthen teeth and wash away food particles.
According to the American Dental Association, the mouth is a window into the health of the body. It can show signs of nutritional deficiencies, general infection or even indicate more serious illness. For example, systemic diseases, those that affect the entire body, such as diabetes, HIV, HPV, and heart disease, may first become apparent because of mouth lesions or other oral problems.
The mouth is filled with countless bacteria, some linked to tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease. Researchers have found that periodontitis (the advanced form of periodontal disease that can cause tooth loss) is linked with other health problems, such as cardiovascular disease, stroke and bacterial pneumonia. Likewise, pregnant women with periodontitis may be at increased risk of delivering preterm and/or low-birth-weight infants.
It is important to your overall health to take good care of your teeth and gums. Regular check-ups along with semi-annual cleanings will help keep you healthy from head to toe. Call 614-223-1000 to schedule your check-up today.
The average person brushes his or her teeth for 30 seconds
- The dentist recommends at least 2 minutes
Around 50% of adults do not visit the dentist regularly
- Going to the dentist twice a year can prevent larger problems
Up to 80% of adults will develop Periodontal Disease
- Perio, not decay is the main reason for tooth loss in US adults
- Perio has been linked to heart disease, stroke, diabetes, premature and low birth-weight babies
You should replace your toothbrush every 3 months
- Over time, your toothbrush wears and becomes very abrasive to your teeth
- Germs love to grow in between your bristles. Replace your toothbrush immediately after a cold or flu
45% of adults will suffer from bad breath at some point
- There are many causes of bad breath. Decaying teeth, periodontal disease, bacteria on your tongue and digestive problems are just a few
25% of adults over age 60 are missing all of their teeth
- People are living longer, fuller lives. Taking the necessary steps today can ensure that you are chewing comfortably with your natural teeth for the rest of your life
Did you know that Dr. Piper offers Botox and dermalfillers? Most people who are considering Botox would never think to have it done by a dentist, but consider these points:
1. Dentists are very knowledgeable about the dynamics of facial expression and how the underlying muscles, when functioning, can cause wrinkles over time.
2. Dentists are trained to know what looks good as far as facial symmetry. We take courses all the time that deal with esthetics of a smile. We can create masterpieces when it comes to teeth and now we can improve the frame that showcases those masterpieces with Botox and dermalfillers.
3. Dentists are confident with precise, comfortable placement. No other healthcare provider uses syringes in the facial area as often as a dentist and we deal in measurements as precise as 1/2 of a mm.
Come see Dr. Piper soon and look younger in 2011.
Proposed COTA Changes Cause Debate –video link
Check out Capstone Dental on 10TV. Dr. Snipes was interviewed about the impact on retail in the Downtown Columbus caused by COTA bus stops and congestion.